Sunday, September 21, 2008

20 September 2008



I haven’t written in so long. I just am so tired. As in really tired.

Maybe my body was just needing its normal dose of rice. I feel a bit better now, after having a good Chinese dinner last night.

I am in Olomouc now. I breezed through Prague without seeing much of it. Boo. I was hoping to see more of it before coming to Olomouc but that wasn’t meant to be. I guess I will see it some other time.

What’s happened since I left Istanbul? Hmm. It was a good flight, but the airport officials were pretty snooty. Asked me to step aside and checked my visas for the longest time. I was cross but I guess I can’t blame them. Aah. The inconviences of having a Philippine passport. Oh well.

Mr. Gryc and Helena picked up. They are such angels. The airport is quite far from the city center, I wouldn’t have been able to get to the city so easily.It was a shock to step out of the airport Christ Almighty, it was freakin’ cold. Good thing I changed my mind about wearing a short skirt!


After picking up my box from Radka’s house, we went to their house, put down my stuff, and had some coffee. Helena walked me around town for a bit. It was more to get me my Czech sim card and exchange money so we didn’t do much really. Went back home and had a yummy Czech dinner.

We planned to do more sightseeing in the morning but got the bad news that I had to be in Olomouc that day. Again, the Grycs are such angels. They piled all my stuff back into the car and drove me all the way here! I really wouldn’t know what to do without them. They are so sweet. And they told me that anytime I want to go to Prague, their home is open to me. Aww. I feel so blessed. Really.

Anyway, I rushed through registration stuff with Eva, the volunteer student assistant who has been really great with us. I have met my classmates and they are really nice. I am quite happy with our small group—me, a Filipino, Sarah, an American, Gen, a Canadian, Armin, a Bosnian, and Diana, a Portuguese. And then we have four Czech classmates.

I’m still in settling down mode over here. It still feels strange, and I am far from happy. I don’t know what it is. But I dearly hope to start feeling at home and more comfortable with the as yet strange surroundings.

I actually prefer Istanbul. I think. I don’t know yet. Let’s see. That’s really all I can say. Let’s see what tomorrow brings.


20 September 2008
12.45pm Olomouc

0 comments: